It is the school policy that all children shall wear the school uniform when attending school or when participating in a school organised event outside normal school hours. The policy for our school uniform is based on the notion that it:
- Promotes a sense of pride in the school;
- Engenders a sense of community and belonging toward the school;
- Is practical and smart;
- Makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance;
- Is regarded as suitable wear for school and is considered as good value for money by parents and carers;
- Is designed with health and safety considerations in mind.
The school uniform policy is an integral part of the school’s commitment to equality and inclusion. The governing body believes it allows all pupils to establish a shared Victoria Lane identity and to celebrate what they have in common, whilst continuing to be able to exercise their individuality and enjoy their diversity. The requirements are detailed below:
|Compulsory Elements||Optional Elements|
|Royal Blue jumper with or without school logo|
Royal Blue cardigan with or without school logo
Note: no other jumpers or hoodies should be worn
in place of the school jumper
|Blue Gingham School dress (Summer months)|
|Grey or Black:|
Trousers (no jeans please),
or Skirt or Pinafore dress
|White shirt (long or short sleeved) or|
plain white polo shirt
|Polo shirt with school logo|
|White, black or grey socks|
Plain black, purple or grey tights
|Flat, sensible, safe black shoes||Flat sandals in a neutral colour during summer months|
White T-shirt, black or navy shorts,
Sweatshirt, jogging bottoms (winter)
|Any head wear worn for religious or|
cultural reasons should be plain and of
a dark colour
|Coats: hoodies and jumpers are not to|
be worn as coats
How To Order
Our school uniform is supplied by Elizabeth’s Embroidery, a local company based in Stockton. To order school uniform please visit the Elizabeth’s Embroidery website.
- Select the Online Order option from the top menu bar
- Enter the password VLA in the Enter Event Password box
- Select Login
You are asked to provide your child’s name and age before ordering. Please note that there are a number of available delivery options:
- COLLECTION – Free – You, or someone on your behalf, can collect your order from Elizabeth’s Embroidery store in Stockton. You will be informed when the order is completed and ready for collection by email. Orders are usually ready for collection in under 2 weeks.
- DELIVERY – 50p charge – Your order will be delivered to school. You will be informed that your order is ready for collection from the school. Orders are usually ready for collection in under 2 weeks.
- POST – £4.95 charge – Your order will be posted to your shipping address, usually within 2 weeks.
In addition to sweatshirts, cardigans and tee-shirts, you can also buy trousers, skirts, PE kits and much more.
If you have any queries or questions about ordering and/or collection of school uniforms please contact the school office.