Here is some need to know parental information for the new school year.
Please note the school day has been lengthened by the government to 32.5 hours a week so school will now start at 8.40am. After this time, your child will be classed as late under new strict guidelines that have been issued under revised government legislation to improve attendance and punctuality. No school holidays in term time can now be authorised.
- School closes next Wednesday 20th July and the new school year starts on Tuesday 6th September 2022.
- School gates will open for all classes from 8.30am, and there will be a 10-minute window in which to bring your child to school to avoid congestion at the school gates, which will then close at 8.40am.
- Please drop off older children first before younger siblings.
- All children will be provided with a breakfast bagel as we provide a free classroom breakfast for every child at the start of the day as part of our “Booky Breakfast” so children can relax and read and eat their bagel at the start of the day.
- Breakfast Club starts on the first day back (06.07.22). Teatime Club will restart on Monday 12th September 2022. Breakfast Club will now open at 7.50am until 8.30am then children will go into their classes.
- Every child needs to wear a full school uniform from September as outlined on the school website but there is no obligation to wear a branded uniform from our supplier. Most supermarkets sell our uniform at a reasonable price and school is working with Journey in Coundon who have some good quality used uniform available for families who need it. No jewellery is allowed except stud earrings for health and safety reasons. Please label all of your child’s clothing so it can be identified.
- Each child will need to bring a water bottle to school every day.
- Reception children will need to be collected at 2.15pm for the first four days of school only while they settle into new classroom and school routines.
- All children are to be collected at 3:15pm but will have designated areas where they are collected from. Reception and Year 1 leave school on the infant yard. All other classes leave from the Junior yard.
- PE Kits will need to be brought into school on the first day in a labelled bag and kept in school.
- School lunches are going to be supplied by a new company, Chartwells, from September and the new menu is attached. They will be establishing a pre-choice menu so your child can choose their lunch option at the start of the school day but this will not commence immediately as it is being rolled out gradually.
- The price of school lunches will be £2.25 per day and this will need to be pre-paid using Arbor.
- All Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 children are provided with a free school lunch. No packed lunches are to be brought into school except for KS2 pupils (Y3-6) but the kitchen does provide a sandwich option for your child if required.