The curriculum at Victoria Lane Academy aspires to develop our pupils. If any parent or other members of the public wish to find out more about the curriculum we are following, please contact the Deputy Headteacher, Mr Lee Blake , for further information.
HERE WE ARE by Oliver Jeffers
* As part of our return to school transitions in September, every class will be using the beautiful and thought-provoking picture book Here We Are written by popular children’s author Oliver Jeffers click to explore more of his books.
You can view or download our Long Term Plans for 2019-2020 by clicking the links below:
- Reception Long Term Plan 2019-2020
- Class 1 Long Term Plan 2019-2020
- Class 2 Long Term Plan 2019-2020
- Class 3 Long Term Plan 2019-2020
- Class 4 Long Term Plan 2019-2020
- Class 5 Long Term Plan 2019-2020
You can view our download our topic Plans for Autumn 2020-21 by clicking the links below:
- Year 1 Dinosaurs
- Year 2 Castles
- Class 3 Invaders and Settlers
- Class 4 World War 2 Children and a Bear
- Class 5 Victorians
Phonics and Reading
Parents and carers can find out how phonics will help your child to read and spell in our Reading and Phonics section of our website.
You can also view or download our class novels for the school year. We are trying to build a love of reading in our children and the use of great literature is key!
You can view or download our Maths overviews for Year 1 to Year 6
You can view or download our new Science Curriculum overview for Year 1 to Year 6
You can view or download our new ICT Curriculum overview for Year 1 to Year 6
You can view or download our new PE Curriculum overview for Year 1 to Year 6
This is the new spelling curriculum, detailing all of the sounds and spelling patterns which should be learned, matched up to the appropriate year group. There is also an additional list of high and medium frequency words which children should be able to read and spell, by Year 5.
Here is our long term plan for PHSE/SMSC and British Values. Class teachers choose from the issues listed depending on the particular needs of the pupils in their class.
Find out more about our approach to Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural (SMSC) Development and how British Values underpins our whole school curriculum and how we ensure these values are embedded within our school community:
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.