Victoria Lane Academy – Sports Premium Funding
Victoria Lane Academy has been allocated £8,600 for 2017-2018 from the Government’s Sports Premium Funding. This money will be spent over the course of the year to finance sustainable developments in PE. and sport opportunities for children in school. Our whole school priorities are:
- the engagement of ALL pupils in regular physical activity to develop healthy active lifestyles
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils (within curriculum and extra-curricular)
- Increasing participation in competitive sport
The employment of a PE coach, Mr Mason, for 8 hours a week, will effectively support the delivery of high quality PE and School Sport provision. Other specialist providers will deliver a range of curricular and extra-curricular opportunities to engage our children in physical activity.
Our sport premium funding is used to purchase the Sedgefield SSP Competition and Enhanced Service Level Agreements at an annual cost of £6,100.
SSP Competition SLA 2017/18 will provide:
1. Full access to the SSP competition calendar:
- Including the addition of Multi Skills Festivals – 1 whole class festival for each year group (R-Y5)
- Participation in festivals
- Competitions (in addition to the School Games)
- Targeted festivals for small schools/B teams
- Inclusion festivals and competitions
- Sedgefield DASH!
- Primary Olympics
2. SSP Networking Meetings and Head Teacher Meeting – 4 meetings
3. Data Report on participation rates in competitions and festivals
4. Promotion and development of links to local sports clubs – 15 potential school club links.
5. SSP Branding – SSP Member School Logo, SSP supplement for school prospectus/website/newsletter.
SSP Enhanced SLA 2017/18 will provide:
- 60 hours of High Quality Coaching or Whole Days to aid pupil and staff development
- 30 hours PE teaching support or alternative packages/programmes
- Menu of CPD opportunities
- Data analysis and reports
- Judo Taster
- Access to online resources
- Equipment Loan Scheme
- Management, co-ordination and quality assurance of all services delivered
- Additional support to Schools to achieve School Games Mark and the new Healthy
- Schools rating scheme.
- Priority on additional programmes and opportunities sourced by the SSP
Well Done to our Swimmers
In 2017, 77% of our Year 6 pupils achieved the National swimming standard of 25m.
In 2016, 95% of our Year 6 pupils achieved the National swimming standard of 25m.