Dear parents and carers,
As you will probably be aware, if the government’s 5 criteria are met then schools are expected to open for children in Reception, Y1 and Y6 from June 1st
While we have no further details at this point than those shared with everyone in the announcement last night, school have been anticipating this phased return and as such have initial plans underway to work towards a safe reopening.
Today, our leadership team will be measuring our classrooms and speaking to our staff in order to make logistical preparations for the return of some children.
We will also continue to offer childcare for key worker families and to provide home learning for those year groups, who will not be returning in the immediate future.
Further details from the Department for Education, the teaching unions and Tudhoe Learning Trust are due to be announced shortly and we will take all of this into consideration to ensure the safety of all our pupils and staff.
We are missing your children, take care of them and yourselves. We hope that you and your loved ones are safe and well.
All the staff at Victoria Lane Academy.
- Letter to parents (Schools Reopening) – Issued 20.05.20
- School phased return letter – Issued 11/02/2020
- Year N Re-opening Risk Assessment May 2020
- Year R Re-opening Risk Assessment May 2020
- Year 1 Re-opening Risk Assessment May 2020
- Year 6 Re-opening Risk Assessment May 2020
- Key Worker Risk Assessment May 2020
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.